The ordination itself took about 3 hours. First, there was the procession including about 300 priests, and about 40 bishops and cardinals. Then, for the first half, Cardinal Georges Cottier, op, celebrated. But after the laying on of hands, Bishop Morerod took the cathedra, and Cardinal Cottier took the seat at his right.
Afterward, I did not stick around to celebrate but rushed off to the airport, where I got my passport back!! And then settled in for the night on one of the seats in one of the hallways of the airport.
| empty Geneva airport, all decked out for the holidays |
In the morning, I was actually the first one through security, and then headed for the gate for my 6:25am flight. And I still didn't make it to 10:30 class. But what a weekend!
God bless. Happy feast of St. John of the Cross.
No comments:
Post a Comment