..."I just don't get it!"
I thought I might figure out something about the quantity of food in this package by looking at the Nutrition Facts. All well and good, except: What's the serving size? Of that, how much is Total Fat? How much Total Carbohydrate? How much Dietary Fiber (which, as I remember, is a carbohydrate)?
So, again, how much food is here?
5 comments:
For a start, in 5 grams of this food there are 5 grams of fat, and only 10 of its 65 calories come from fat. It has 2 grams of carbohydrates, which is interesting because there are 4 grams of fiber in that 2 grams of carbs. And don't forget the 2 grams of protein. The carbs number would work out if one calculates total carbs by subtracting protein from fiber.
There could be more than 13 grams of ingredients in every 5 gram serving. Or 9. Or 11.
What, pray tell, is this miracle food?
Hmmm . . . .
There are 9 fat calories in 1 gram.
There are 10 fat calories in 5 grams.
Yeah, right.
Japanese Korean seaweed, naturally.
It does say that the "serving size" is 5g; and in 5g of stuff is 5g of fat (including 1g of saturated, but no trans), and 4g of fiber, which definitely can't be fat, as well as 2g of protein, which definitely can't come from fat or "dietary fiber" because you don't metabolise dietary fiber... in a 5g serving there seems to be 11g of stuff at least. FUN! Further, about four servings per container? So, the container is about 20g? is that right? I think I used more than that in chalk on blackboards yesterday.
If this had been a quiz, perhaps I would have answers. But, this was meant to be my lunch, and I have no scale to weigh such tiny amounts. It is indeed a very light package, and the writing (besides what is in the photograph) is all in Japanese or Korean, and I did not find a net weight printed anywhere on it. So, I was honestly curious about how much was inside the package before I opened it, and found myself foiled.
Post a Comment