Friday, October 7, 2011

and some pictures, finally!

 Last night I did not get any photos of the celebration at da Luigi's, where Rev. Mr. Jason's family and friends gathered for dinner and festivity.  Bishop Boland was there, and a handful of priests from the diocese of Savannah, as well as from that of Atlanta.  Some seminarians, as well.  One lay couple that was not related to the new deacon, and I made up the rest of the group.  I think I can safely say that a good time was had be all.  Great food, and excellent company.  I was surrounded by Fr. Cushing, Fr. Healy, Fr. Migone, Bishop Boland, Mrs. Adams and her sister.  However, we were in a fairly small room in the restaurant, so none of us was very far from the rest of the group.

 This morning, though, I did get a couple of shots of our new deacon preaching his first official homily, on Our Lady of the Rosary, at Santa Susanna, the American church in Rome.  The beautiful depiction in the background of the picture above shows St. Susanna refusing to worship a golden idol of the Romans before she was beheaded.
 After Mass, everyone wanted pictures.  Then the Paulist priest who just joined this parish last month showed us around, giving us about a 10 minute tour of the pictures, the relics, and the ruins in the basilica.

2 comments:

Mum said...

In the next to last photo I think I see Bishop Boland, Fr. Healy, Fr. McKuen, Fr. Cushing, and Rev. Mr. Adams. Am I right, and who else is there?

me said...

I think Fr. Nick Somebody is not vested, and the other vested priest is from the diocese of Atlanta, and I do not remember his name. (and it's Fr. McKeown)