And I'm glad I checked the internet for revised schedules yesterday. For, it seems that the course I was supposed to take tomorrow at 10:30 was moved to today at 8:30, thus rounding out my schedule such that I have class each and every hour on Monday. But, surprisingly enough, I was not the only one to show up for class this morning--about 10 others had also gotten the message somehow.
It was nice that the first lesson tends to be "lectio brevis" and we got out early from all my classes today, giving me some breathing room. The first two classes were in Italian in the morning, and the afternoon classes were in English. In the middle, for the lunch break, today there was a special Mass for the opening of the academic year, and a reception. Then my friend took my place (though the reason I was to be there was to replace a friend who has not yet returned from Guatemala where she is with her family for the first time in 7 years) in the library for the lunch shift, and I went to translate for the orientation for new students. I also at lunch found my professor for my last class of the day, and learned that we will start our seminar on the official date two weeks from today. Still, when it was time for that class, I showed up to see another class in that room with my seminar listed as being on Wednesday. Excellent, then, that frees me up for the other seminar that conflicted time-wise. I knew that the other professor would start his seminar on the origins of the Summa Theologia today, because he always begins his seminars on the first day of class. I volunteer to be the first to take notes next week. Then we had our opening night barbecue at school, and I saw the professor of the seminar which seems to have moved to Wednesday, and I asked what happened to it, and why had it moved? He told me that it hadn't moved really, but was for some reason listed twice. The same seminar was listed in one place as on Monday, and somewhere else as on Wednesday. So, neither does the professor know which day he is supposed to teach it. And he seemed surprised that I would find this somewhat perturbing, as by now I should know the system. Anyway, every day is an adventure at school, and so far the classes have proved as interesting as I had hoped they might be. I really do love being at the Angelicum.
No comments:
Post a Comment