Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sperlonga

 Saturday my friend and I took the train to Sperlonga after Mass.
 Because it's October, it's post-season, and there were very few people out on the beach.  Still, in the morning it was fairly warm, and I enjoyed a bit of a swim before lunch.


 And I took pictures of cats.  How many can you find?

 I liked this Madonella rather better than the one we saw just a bit down the way.








 And I think that while we were there, we saw no less than three sets of brides and grooms.
 For lunch, we ate local seafood (shells and swordfish) at a restaurant on the mountain overlooking the sea.
 And it was then that it started to rain, and to cool off considerably.
In the end, we ran across some folks from Mount St. Mary's who are starting this year at the NAC.  They were staying the weekend in Sperlonga, while we took the bus back to the station.  However, we could have, after all, waited the next 2 hours for the next bus and caught the same train, as ours turned out to be 2 hours late.  Still, it was a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Mum said...

4 cat pics? or are there hidden cats?