Perhaps I should put more serious or interesting things up here, but I'm too taken up with such things to continue them here. So, here's the latest on the Clericus Cup. Last weekend, the NAC and the Angelicum advanced to the semi-finals. The big surprise, though, came after their games when the thrice champions, Redemptoris Mater, lost to Sedes Sapientiae! Red. Mat. (as the neocats are often referred) beat the NAC at the finals the last two years, and this year did not get to the semis. Another surprise came today, when Mater Ecclesiae after a scoreless tie lost in the shootouts to the Gregorianum. The Ange and the Greg are great rivals academically, and it looks like they could meet on the soccer field as well, depending on how next Saturday's games go for the NAC vs. Greg, and the Ange. vs. Sedes Sapientiae (the Opus Dei seminary).
The Greg is the Jesuit Pontifical University, and the Dominicans and Jesuits, well... The Opus Dei Pontifical University is Holy Cross, or S. Croce. And the Angelicum, the Gregorianum, and S. Croce are the big three pontificals, I would say, for Americans in Rome--they are the ones where all NAC seminarians study.
I've already told my professor that I will be skipping class next Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment