I have managed to keep up the station church Masses, even though I haven't managed to say much about them here--there are stories to be told, though. Today's church was not too far of a walk, and not too far from school after.
One quick story, perhaps. I was on my way to San Clemente three weeks ago, and might have arrived a couple of minutes earlier, if not for a particular incident. Just after I had crossed Via Cavour towards the Colosseum, with my rosary in my hand, and my head down, I saw out of the corner of my eye, a shopping bag running up the Via dei Serpenti! Somewhat incredulous, I looked up to find it wasn't actually running up the street, but flying. You see, it was actually attached to the leg of a majestic seagull who was desperately trying to escape its clutches. In its desperation, it flew almost directly into two automobiles coming from the opposite direction, with one having to dodge him while he managed just to fly over the second and onto the wall pictured below. I stopped and watched a few minutes to see if he could walk out of it, or if there was any way for someone to help him, but after he paced up and down a bit, I had to just go on or be late for Mass.
1 comment:
how sad!
Post a Comment