You know I prefer to walk. It isn't always prudent, nor is it always possible, yet it is my general preference. For the Station Masses in the mornings, I have left between 6 and 6:30am to arrive walking. I made the exception for the four-mile walk to St. Paul's Outside-the-Walls, as I am unfamiliar with the streets, though I won't say I didn't enjoy not having to get up an extra half-hour early. And the weather has been quite nice generally for the Station Masses this year, with rain only one morning that I recall, and lately quite sunny and not cold. However, this morning I got up, and instead of getting ready for Mass, spent most of my time squishing the ants that were invading my room. Dozens of them trailing up and down my bathroom doorway, in and around the bathroom generally! I didn't have time to walk, then, and had to give in and take the metro to S. Eusebio for Mass. Grrr...
I did walk from the church to school, though, and made it in time for exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. and then went to study for about an hour before my turn as guardian in the adoration chapel. So far, so good, basically. In the chapel, meditating, I felt a tickle--my cuff on my wrist. But my cuff wasn't really moving--the stowaway ant was crawling onto my hand, even 3 hours after I had left home!!!
The day progresses. Class, lunch at S. Croce University with Selam, back to school, study a bit, Latin, benediction, and back home, only to be greeted by a trail of hundreds of ants all over my bedroom! and in the bathroom! So, as I write, I am armed with a shoe and an old bottle of cologne, and surrounded by ant carcasses. Yuck.
By the way, something tickles...
2 comments:
Oh, my. . . . Have they found food? Have you found Italian ant poison? How can you sleep? (BTW - my word was "boopanda." LOL)
i haven't found their food yet--never did see the end of their trail.
Post a Comment