S. Marinella isn't that far from Rome. I've heard it nicknamed "Americanella" because so many American students live there to save money on rent while attending pontifical universities in Rome, or even while working in the area. It isn't so close, either, requiring the better part of an hour by train, plus whatever time it takes to get to the train station.
While I actually live in town, I still enjoy going out to S. Marinella occasionally, and I was delighted with the opportunity to go for a friend's housewarming last November. After a lovely Sunday lunch, we wandered down to the harbor, and of course, what I noticed mostly was the population of feral cats.
Beautiful cats and kittens guarding the fishermen's catches!
This tiny black one is the only one who let me close enough to pet it, and she wasn't so sure about letting me, either!
No comments:
Post a Comment