Ok, so I haven't really heard of this, but a Senegalese Benedictine told me he'd had training in it, and that it's an American concept. When I went to see him about it Saturday evening, he began with a prayer and asked about my goal--finish this tesina. When do I want it finished? What are my obstacles? How am I going to overcome these obstacles? What sort of penalty must I pay for giving in to the temptations of distraction that are my obstacles? (A Rosary for this priest's intentions each time I go off track for longer than 20min., adding a prayer with each Ave that goes "Dear Mother Mary, help me to concentrate on my tesina and finish it for the greater glory of Your Son and for my own peace.") Then he asked me to picture myself finished, to imagine the situation and how I would feel, putting in the last period and sending in the completed draft. He also said that if I'm close enough on Friday, he'll invite me for lunch with the Benedictines. I am to let him know how it's going each day, and how many Rosaries I owe him. He has promised to remember me at the altar each day this week. He concluded by giving me a blessing, and having me make an offering of myself before the Blessed Sacrament--an offering of all that I am and all that I have that I may, by His will, reach my goal.
I don't know if I'll make it. It still seems to me as though I need a miracle. However, it also seems that my offering has been accepted. For, Sunday morning I got a call from a local hospital, telling me there was a "technical problem" with my recent blood donation, and could I come in for a test at my convenience the next morning between 8:30 and 11am? (Did I mention how much I hate needles?) Then I went to visit a friend who is ill before going to an evening Mass. On my way to Mass, someone stole my wallet--credit card, debit card, driver's license, bus pass, some cash. OK, so God has let me know that He wanted not only my time and effort, but also my money, my sense of security, and my blood!
Now, to top it all off (perhaps), I have a fever which has kept me down for 4 days now. So, I'm feeling pretty rotten. More to offer.
Well, He certainly offered everything for me!!! How should I refuse this?
(Now I'm getting distracted too long and will have to offer another Rosary.)
Oremus ad invicem!
No comments:
Post a Comment