Now I'm not sure when/if the beforementioned changes will take place.
In the meantime, I've been considering, and haven't gotten around to saying much. And I have more pictures to put up here eventually of some of the Lenten station churches and a pretty lizard at the Angelicum, and now I can't even remember what else, but they're still on my camera and will get over here when I get around to it. In the meantime, I'm falling behind on my procrastination for school, and have kept myself well-occupied with various things.
It's Lent, which is a great season for fresh beginnings. It feels like spring over here, which also makes me think of new beginnings. (as opposed to the old beginnings, right? or the stale ones!) And I tend to enjoy Lent in an odd sort of way. I enjoy the fasts and penances, and though I'm never so eager for a snack as during this time when I avoid them, such make the feast days sprinkled throughout so much more enjoyable. I don't think I ever celebrate a Sunday as well as I do in Lent. And St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Patrick, St. Joseph, and St. Benedict become especially dear friends this season. Of course, I can't forget the mystery of the Incarnation which we celebrate at the feast of the Annunciation coming soon. And, how motherly of the Church to move the celebration of that particular feast to a Monday this year, when it falls on a Sunday which is already a non-fast day!
Well, now to get back to other stuff. Happy almost mid-Lent! (Thursday marks the halfway point.)
No comments:
Post a Comment