Early Saturday morning, we took the bullet train across the country, to the southeast corner of the country, Pusan/Busan, depending on how we choose to transliterate it.
Here, at the station, is where I realized I no longer had with me my cell phone, meaning that I would be phoneless back in Italy. My friends searched for it, asking those cleaning the train, and checking in at the lost and found, but to no avail.
Here, in my friend's hometown, we were able to meet up with her relatives, including her mother in the hospital suffering from cancer, and her sisters, their husbands, nephews, and aunts.
Some of them took us to lunch, and then dropped us off at the harbor for a bit of sightseeing here. It seems that leaders of 21 major countries met in the round building at the tip of the peninsula for APEC in 2005. Now the whole area is open as a sort of park/museum.
| Some of the famous sights as seen from this area. |
No comments:
Post a Comment