Today I got through the twelfth and last of my finals for this semester, and thus closed this academic year! Afterwards, I celebrated a little with friends, and went with one to see Abuna Lesanu at the Ethiopian College in the Vatican. He is here to ordain deacon the lone seminarian at this college of student priests, and goes back to Ethiopia this weekend.
After a couple of hours with the bishop, we split company, and I stopped in the JPII exhibit at St. Peter's on the way home. Instead of taking the normal pictures of the JPII paraphernalia, though, I took pictures of these bits (above and below) at the end of the exhibit.
Tell me what you think this last picture might be.
2 comments:
Um. . . . a chapel?
What is that grey-ish thing in the middle?
I found the giant photograph hanging at the end of the exhibit rather amusing. This is actually a vinyl/plastic photo hanging between two marble columns of the porch of St. Peter's. The sun was coming in behind it, lighting it up. An interesting two-dimensional illusion of a chapel, is it not?
Post a Comment