Monday, March 7, 2011

Quinquagessima

Saturday, I was to have dinner with a couple of other people from school.  It didn't work out.  But I got gelato out of it!  Sunday, Quinquagessima, I celebrated well by eating after Mass.  I ate a lot.  I had been given maple syrup and eggs, so I made French toast.  And kept making until I ran out of butter.  Then I scrambled the last egg to go with it.  It was yummy!
Then came news.  First, the good news.  My Korean friend who married just over a year ago is expecting!  She and her husband have invited me to go see them before the baby comes.
Then, the sad news.  A good Italian friend who was always there to help with anything died suddenly this weekend.  May he rest in peace.  I will attend his funeral tomorrow afternoon.  Please pray for him.

No comments: