Carne (meat) vale (farewell). Goodbye to meat for a while. Everyone is celebrating. Yesterday I saw many princesses and clowns on the streets--children celebrating Carnevale, getting as much in as they can before Lent starts on Wednesday.
Well, I ate a lot yesterday. My lunch lasted almost until Vespers. After Vespers I went out and had a full Italian meal with primo, secondo, contorno, and gelato. (first plate/pasta, second plate/meat, side dish/vegetables)
The dinner postponed from Saturday was re-scheduled for today. Happy feast of St. Thomas! We have today off in his honor. So, we were going to have a celebratory lunch. Postponed by professor who invited us. But my classmate still wanted to meet me for lunch to celebrate. So, I invited her over this morning. And spent the next 4 hours cooking and cleaning. I prepared artichokes a friend had left me, and rice with Korean seaweed that had been shipped to me from overseas, and a potato that had also been left me by a friend. And we were so stuffed we didn't have room after for the salmon and mozzarella my classmate brought with her. And then, my recuperating friend came by with pizza. So, now I have more food here than when I started preparing!
More evidence of God's providence at an individual level. It is really beautiful to look and see how He takes care of me and those around me. Something else to look back on if I ever forget His love for me personally.
God bless.
2 comments:
This is Ash Wednesday, and I was hungry when I started reading. Now I feel stuffed.
and now i finally get to eat some of the leftovers!
Post a Comment