School started today.
I survived. Three classes in Italian. Latin, Ancient/Medieval History, Greek. Plus, I was asked to translate for an orientation session during the break between morning classes, opening Mass, and afternoon classes.
It was good to see everyone back today. My classes seemed particularly crowded. I was the Latin class. Then the crowds really started to come. Four in history. Six in Greek. I think I'll keep my Greek class. Perhaps it is elementary. But everyone there has already studied Greek, so I think we'll move quickly.
May my Italian improve.
Last weekend I attended a couple of Inquisition sessions, known here as public exams. Nobody expects the Inquisition. At least, they don't expect anyone to actually show up for their licenciate oral exams. I went as moral support. For one in philosophy, the professors have gotten to know me well enough to tease me. Tonight, when I saw one of them, he greeted me with "Ah, the Public"!
No comments:
Post a Comment