Before class started, I went to the campus bar for my breakfast. An American friend treated me to a cappuccino and cornetto, which was supplemented by the banana brought me by an Ethiopian friend. We chatted until it was time for class. After the first period, I wandered through the other building, on my way off campus and over to retrieve a couple of tickets for tomorrow's canonization. On my way down the stairs, though, I heard one of the friendly janitors singing overhead. Then he called out, "Signorina! Tuoi occhiali sono a la segreteria!" So, I thanked him, and went back to get my sunglasses where a student had left them for me in the Office. Then I picked up the tickets for the canonization of Bl. Mary MacKillop, Bl. Andre' Bessette, and a few others.
When I returned to school, there was more equipment outside, obviously preparing for something. After two more hours of class, I came out and saw movie people getting their lunch, and lounging around our campus (their set) to eat. Students started asking each other what was going on. I wondered what movie. One of my friends sat out near the movie company for an hour or so, waiting for the appearance of Robert DeNiro. Then she came inside and told me he was out there, so I took the following pictures before heading to my next class.
So, you never do known who will show up, apparently. Rome is like that. I looked up the movie, by the way.
Then it was on to Greek lessons.
2 comments:
Do they need any student extras? You could take a role as yourself!
No mention of needing extras, and I think they're now finished. But, it was fun to know they were there.
Post a Comment