Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tiber, Hell, Vatican


I was hurrying to St. Peter's. A surprise was waiting for me. 'Twas the last Monday of classes. I had gone to school, preparing to attend my last liturgy class. I saw a sister with whom I had studied Christian archaeology. She had told me before that her Tomb of St. Peter seminar was going to the Vatican Necropolis in May, and I had already resigned myself to being unable to go. That morning, though, Sr. Nadia told me they were going that afternoon, and there ought to be room for one more. So, I snuck in with them. I trotted over so as not to keep them waiting, but saw this exhibit between the Tiber and St. Peter's.

So I took pictures of some of these images exhibited by the Lungo Tevere Castello on my way back.

All images by a Roman artist based on Dante's famous Inferno.

No comments: