On the way to Turin last weekend to venerate the Holy Shroud, we stopped for Mass

at Tortona, where the founder of the congregation one of our priests is buried. Don Orione was canonized by Pope John Paul II, and lies still incorrupt here, where he had lived many years as a priest and where he founded his congregation of little works. This miraculous image of Our Lady is much venerated in this shrine built in her honor.

After Mass, some of us climbed the 60m tower up to Our Lady venerated on top, visible from all of Tortona, and from the two major national highways that intersect nearby.

Some of us were then privileged to climb the extra 14m to the actual base of the statue.

Did I mention it was raining?
Anyway, by the time I got up there, I was just in time to see my companions getting back on the bus below. Rush, rush, rush.
No comments:
Post a Comment