Saturday, November 14, 2015

Vestition Ceremony in Tuscania

 Just now I cannot remember whether I posted on this before, but last year I went to Tuscania for the vestition of some members of the female branch of the Instituto del Verbo Encarnado.  The upcoming vestition of a friend into the same order, in the same church brings this back to mind.
I liked this ceiling, which shows the basilica's age.
 One of the sisters agreed to drive me out there last year, with a couple other sisters and another friend of the order, and we made quite a day of it.  The two photos above are from within the church itself, whereas the ones below come later in the day when I was taken around to see some of Tuscania before returning to Rome.
 Here we have come to S. Pietro, which is more of a museum than a church these days.  Etruscan tombs can be seen around and inside the church, whose architecture I find fabulous.
 So I took several photos of bits of the architecture, like this part of the facade showing war between good and evil (not very clear in the photo, but I tried.  Perhaps internet photos are more clear.).

 Inside.

 In the crypt.



1 comment:

Belfry Bat said...

The planking looks newer than the rafters, in that ceiling... It is indeed a good celing.