All was very solemn, and beautifully chanted.
Then, today for All Souls, the church allows each priest three Masses for the dead. I arrived for Lauds with the Dominicans at the Angelicum, and discovered that they were having Lauds within their community Mass today for the feast, with 34 resident concelebrants. One of the friars missed that Mass, and volunteered to say Mass later in the day at my convenience. I asked if he could say Mass, then, at 4:30, to coincide with Eileen's funeral back in Rockford. He agreed, and said that Mass for her soul particularly, and then went on to say another. After that, skipping the evening Latin class, I went back to Ss. Trinita' for the solemn Mass of the day. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.
| Not a good angle, but at the bottom of the back of the catalfaque is this skull, hiding here behind the candle, resting on a black velvet pillow. |
| Fidelium animae per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace! |
No comments:
Post a Comment