As I walked up the hill from the piazzale, I passed some cats who ran away from from me, and one who ran right up to my hand before jumping to the other side of an iron fence.
Following some paths inside what looked like it was a park, I came across this building with a sign on the iron fence saying "Private Property. Authorized Personnel Only.", but from that gate, I got some good photographs which, unfortunately, seem not to be uploading here. Perhaps they can appear in another post...
Following some paths and traffic, I ended up at the Vatican Observatory, which was closed. But there was a a bar and restaurant next door which were open. Leading into the dining area there, there were restrooms and this mechanical imitation Mouth of Truth, which, for a euro, will make noise at you and probably print out some sort of fortune for you.
Now these pictures are coming out of order. The above map was at one entrance to the spot that looked like a park that took me both to the private property and then to the Vatican Observatory. I walked through it again on my way down from a different entrance, and as I came around the corner, there was suddenly--sage! A great wall of blooming purple sage! A hedge of it!
Back to the spot by the Vatican Observatory, past the fake Mouth of Truth and the restaurant and bar, there were tables and a couple of pay-telescopes set up and quite a view! Complete with a Latin inscription to describe it!
So, it was a pleasant traipse about, and then I came back for supper. Sunday has passed. Now it's time to prepare for Monday and go to bed. Good night. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment