It isn't that I don't want to post. It isn't that I have nothing to say. Much that I want to say, I don't feel I should post. Much that I want to post starts to feel like a waste of time when I should be writing something else, which I'm not doing such a good job with, either, just now.
But today I decided I would go ahead and be pretty utterly selfish. So I soaked a long time in the bath before going out for a bit of a walk to nowhere, for no particular reason other than that I wanted to meander and explore my neighborhood a bit. I didn't take a camera, which is a shame, because there were some gorgeous views. At one point, I stopped at Piazzale Socrate, overlooking much of the old city of Rome as well as the Vatican, and there I saw a marvelous rainbow covering the whole city. Poppies are out blooming along the side of the road, and I saw irises and calla lilies also in bloom along my walk, as well as wisteria and a bunch of other flowers.
And here, I think I'll stop. But hey, something appeared on the blog, anyway, even if without pictures. (you can look up piazzale socrate by yourself.)
2 comments:
A fine exemplar of Sunday Festivity!
Our irises and lilies are just starting to push up their greens; wild violets and cilla are blooming, as are the maple buds and willows, but that's about all I've seen so far.
A la prochaîne!
Sounds lovely.
Post a Comment