Yesterday I celebrated Thanksgiving by studying Divine Providence with the secretary of the International Theological Commission, and by studying the Treatise on Law in the Summa Theologiae, and by studying classical Latin all afternoon before joining a couple of American friends for a feast with turkey and cranberry sauce.
I am so grateful for my family and for my friends!
However, yesterday I also learned that my uncle succumbed to cancer. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace!
(now, back to cicero before latin class begins again in an hour.)
2 comments:
Happy Advent!
By some unknown order I seem to have recently inherited a book full of such things as ... well, here's some from Sedulius Scottus
“Surrexit Christus sol verus vespere noctis
surgit et hinc domini mystica messis agri,
nunc vaga puniceis apium plebs laeta labore
floribus instrepitans poblite mella legit...”
They come with English shadows on the facing pages, but these aren't so convincing, if you know what I mean.
That bit — it isn't seasonal, but I haven't found anything seasonal in the whole book, though neither have I looked in it very long... anyways. Perhaps not Ciceronnian, but... !
What a lovely book!
Thank you for that versicle.
Happy Advent, and all the best with your work!
Post a Comment