Friday, January 6, 2012

There's No Place Like Rome for the Holidays

No matter how far away from home..
If you want to be happy in a million ways,
For the holidays you can't beat Rome sweet Rome!





Someone else will have to come up with the rest of the song.

Merry Epiphany, by the way.

I'm sitting at my computer, all covered in warm wraps.  The window's open.  My laundry is hanging out to dry.  So my plants are in from the windowsill (in order that I don't knock them over and down to never-never land with my laundry).  And in wafts the the notes from some marching bands passing by.  But someone must have marched too close to a parked motorino, because there's also a security alarm screaming.  There is also the noise of happy children who, I suppose, have been visited by la Befana this morning.  And the sound of church bells.

2 comments:

some guy on the street said...

A very blessed and joyful Epiphany and Christmastide to you, too!

some guy on the street said...

...

I hope you're not too snowed-in these days? Around here I keep wondering where our annual allotment can have got to. It's an odd world!