Friday, January 21, 2011

Diaconate Ordinations


Last weekend I finally took my camera out. It's been a couple of years since I've been here, and now I just find I've less to say, less to write home about, and less time to do it anyway. But now, those who arrived with me are beginning to finish. Two of my classmates were just ordained to the diaconate last Saturday, and they invited me out to their religious house for the occasion.


The Society of Mary is a missionary order of brothers. They ordain very few from their number to fulfill their own pastoral needs, rather than those of the community at large, and for their apostolate often teach. Two of those who will be priests next year are finishing their last year of theology now. These Indian brothers walked in as lay brothers at the beginning of this Italian Mass,

...but left as clergy, ordained by a Spanish archbishop. I was thrilled to receive the invitation, and more so to accept it. Congratulations!!!

2 comments:

Mum said...

a couple of "years"? My, how time flies. I fear you'll only get busier, m'dear.

me said...

truly, time flies. and busier, probably. but there's always optimism.