Saturday, November 13, 2010

and then it rained

Saturday was beautiful. Sunday it rained. Monday it rained. Tuesday it rained. Wednesday it hailed. Thursday it rained. Then the sun came out.

At school, people were asking me about my friend who's disappeared (into the hospital, as you recall). They offered their sympathy. Some came with me to visit her. Some gave me little treats to take her, such as fruits, books, and medicine. It really does a soul good to see all the goodwill that comes out in times of suffering. Charity is not dead by any means. When I arrive at the hospital, I ask my friend who has come to see her that day, and she gives me a litany of names. And then she gives me some of the excess fruit to take home! They come and give, and I come and take!

If it rains, I get wet. Wednesday the skies opened just as I arrived at school. The skies dropped a flood of rain on me, and a barrage of hailstones as well. So, in the last 100 yards on the way into the university, I was thoroughly soaked and chilled....And laughing almost hysterically! All it took was one strike of lighting, one thunderclap, and boom--perfectly dry to perfectly wet in a matter of seconds! Then I sat in relief as another student gave his presentation on St. Thomas in the seminar!

No comments: